Team & Acknowledgements
Susanne Kiel M.A. - Dr. Kathrin Kleibl M.A.
German Maritime Museum | Leibniz Institute of Maritime History
With the support of
Dr. Jacqueline Malchow (since May 2023)
Associate Research Fellow:
Hendrik Althoff M.A. - Institute for the History of German Jews, Hamburg (July 2022-December 2022).
Student and other Assistants:
- Felix Krebs (October 2020-March 2022)
- Yasmin Sakhr (October 2021-September 2022)
- Dominika Vetter (October 2021-September 2022)
- Jana Schäfer (April 2022-September 2022, since February 2023)
- Marlene Rehbein (since July 2023)
- Dr. Nina Janssen (since July 2023)
- Ann-Kathrin Kröger (since September 2023)
Irene Cantez (since 2021)
We would like to express our gratitude to the German Lost Art Foundation for funding our research. The online publication of the LostLift database was gratefully funded by a special digitization grant from the Joint Science Conference acquired by the German Maritime Museum - Leibniz Institute of Maritime History.
We would like to thank our colleagues at the German Maritime Museum, those involved in provenance research, and the Arbeitskreis Provenienzforschung e.V. for their active support and for the numerous encouraging and constructive dialogues.
We would also like to thank the descendants of the affected families for their trust, the important exchange of information and for providing us with documents:
Volunteers for the research project are/were
- Carina Boe, Hamburg
- Dr. Sabine Lang, Erlangen
- Thomas Sturmheit, Bremerhaven
We would like to express our special appreciation to them.
We would also like to express our gratitude to Sophia Münder-Führing, a freelance author for the Norddeutscher Rundfunk, who made the project topic accessible to a broad public with her TV documentary "Das Raubkunst-Puzzle/Der Kunstraub der Nazis".
Published parts of the LostLift database are supported by:
- State Archive Bremen
- State Archive Hamburg
Our research has benefited from the collaboration with and support of:
- Marleen van den Berg – NIOD Amsterdam
- Dr. Daria Brasca – University of Udine
- Volker Cirsovius – Hamburg, Bremen, Saxony
- Yvonne Gerlach – State Archive Hamburg
- Dr. Ute Haug – Kunsthalle Hamburg
- Dr. Vanessa Hirsch – Altonaer Museum, Hamburg
- Dr. Susanne Knödel – Museum am Rothenbaum (MARKK), Hamburg
- Wiebke Müller – Museum für Hamburgische Geschichte, Hamburg
- Jana Reimer – Museum am Rothenbaum (MARKK), Hamburg
- Dr. Silke Reuther – Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe, Hamburg
- Anneke de Rudder – Hamburg State and University Library
- Anneliese Schallmeiner – Commission for Provenance Research, Federal Monuments Office, Vienna
- Dr. Bettina Schleier – State Archive Bremen
- Dr. Irene Strelow – OFP-Berlin-Brandenburg Project at the Brandenburg State Archives (Blha), Potsdam
- Dr. Kim Wünschmann – - Institute for the History of German Jews (IGdJ), Hamburg
- Albena Zlatanova – National Fund of the Republic of Austria for the Victims of National Socialism